Coe Township is located in Isabella County, which is in Central Lower Michigan. The township has a total area of 36.2 square miles and a population of approximately 3,000 residents. The township was established in 1855, the first in Isabella County. Coe township held its
first meeting at James Campbell's home in April of 1856.
William B. Bowen was elected as the first township supervisor. Isabella County formed from the parent counties of Saginaw and Midland in 1831,
and in 1859 Act 118 officially organized the county.
The current township hall is located in
Shepherd, Michigan at the corner of Wright Avenue and Second
Street. For general information please call (989) 828-5960.
Coe Township Hall
309 W. Wright Ave.
PO Box 477
Shepherd, MI 48883
Phone: (989) 828-5960
Fax: (989) 828-5311